Julian's Treehouse '10

     So my son loves a show called "Bindi's Treehouse". So I thought I would build his own treehouse. Having some place cool and fun to play. And having a fun place to play when it is raining and cold outside or when we have our 115 degree summers is a bonus. Not to mention I wanted to make it really interactive to keep him wanting to come back. I started out by buying an IKEA bunk bed. I came up with a design by drawing right on the manual. I stained it, put it together using glue to make it super strong, yet keeping in mind how I would break it down if I had to move it. As you can see I bought some out door playground attachments i.e. steering wheel, Tic Tac Top, and telescope. I also added a metal sheet that is perfect for magnets. To the sides of that are gray areas that are perfect for velcro play. Just recently added a pully type thing so he can load his tools in the bucket on the ground and hoist them up from his treehouse.